Sunday, November 21, 2010

Premonition

As if things have not been strange enough for me lately, I had a weird dream the other night. I have been on a sort of vision quest the past two or three years, determined to find what Paulo Coelho calls my "personal legend", my raison d'etre, my purpose in life. And so far I have discovered this talent I have for art.

And so, in the past two years I have often dreamed of things relating to my creativity. I once dreamed of a box of chalk and a baby. The chalk was a gift to me given by the person who inspired me to draw portraits in the first place, the baby my first stage of growth.

Well the other night I dreamed of a small child. It seemed my baby had now become a toddler. As I watched my toddler scamper across the room a man walked by. He was dressed in tan slacks and a cream colored shirt. He was tall, with dark hair and eyes. And though his face wasn't all that clear, I somehow knew his name. He passed by me, smiled and then receded into the background, where he remained in shadow. I peered in to get a closer look but it wasn't possible. It seemed as if he just wanted to check in on me somehow.

When I awoke the next day, I thought that I had had a prophetic dream about someone I was yet to meet. Yet I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen. I remember telling a friend about the dream and even posting on Facebook about my uneasiness.

Well the day after that, I learned that a good friend had died unexpectedly at the age of 46. And lo and behold his name was the very same one of the man I had dreamed of. In fact, he fit the description of the man in the dream. But the strangest thing of all was that I had seen that very same friend about a month prior and we had had a very serious conversation about past lives and what happens to the soul after you die. He was a very spiritual man, compassionate and caring to a fault and we had often explored life's mysteries and possibilities beyond that which could be scientifically proved.

I could never have imagined that a month later he would be dead. Nor that I would see him in a dream. I am still in shock. But I have come to the realization that he has moved on to a better place.And as my child in my dream had become a toddler, perhaps my friend is growing and evolving as well... Moving on to a different plane with different lessons to learn.

Bon voyage, my dear friend....May your journey be a good one...Maybe in another time, we'll meet again... 

All my love,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment