Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Country Tis of Thee...

In three weeks, those of us in the USA will go to the polls and vote for Congressional  candidates in  National elections. Ad campaigns bandy about slogans, news media outlets spew out stories about national policy issues and controversial campaigns. Democrats slur Republicans. Republicans retaliate.  Same old, same old.

To me the larger question is: Who will stand up for America? For the principals upon which this country was built? Have we forgotten why we became a nation in the first place?

Now I don’t like bringing up politics as it is a very thorny issue with most people but I would ask of everyone these few questions before you go and vote. Are you better off now than you were in the last election? Are we headed in the right direction?  Are our incumbants adhering to the principals upon which our country was founded? Are you happy with the balance of power between the government and the people?

Then go and vote….

As for me, I’m going to vote for freedom: the freedom to live my life as I see fit with minimal government interference. The freedom to choose how I die without government interference. The freedom to keep my wages in MY pocket with minimal government interference. The freedom to save my money and keep it for retirement without government interference. The freedom to raise my children as I see fit with minimal government interference. The freedom to allow my heirs to inherit what I’ve worked my whole life to build with minimal government interference. The freedom of businesses to operate with minimal government interference.And Doctors and Teachers to do the very same...

I will also vote for those who will uphold a government that will protect me from abuse whether domestic or foreign. As I see it that is its main responsibility. The rest is up to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment