Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Sky's The Limit

 This is my idea of a perfect day:


Arms outstretched, opened wide
I gaze upon a great divide.
Metal bird, wings that soar
Take me to the evermore...
Then let me go, down to below
Poised, I take a breath................. then jump........................
Plummeting
Through pristine
Clouds of chrystalline
Shards of ice
Flashes of white
Winds slap
And attack
My breath held back
Plunging downward
Spiral dances
Gravity is not my friend
Nor backward glances
It's time! Screams my inner voice
I heed the words and make the choice
And yank the cord,
Such reward, to hear the swoosh of parachute
Relief I absolutely can't refute.
The ground below spreads its arms
Mother Earth turns on her charm
She calls to me...
Such ecstasy, the view from up above
I'm sailing down, like peaceful dove
Sailing... soaring... sailing.......
...Glance below...
The canvas getting larger, verdant, the greens diverging
Becoming bushes, trees and grass, details emerging
And then my feet touch ground at last.
Replete yet empty, I look up
Blinded by the sun once more
I want to rise again and soar
'Gainst gravity and Newton's law...
I gather parachute and walk away
Thinking that tomorrow is another day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment